Genesis 3:16 - Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
After I read this scripture I was wondering why would our sorrows be greatly multiplied by having children so I looked in the footnotes hoping for some more insight as to what this scripture was really trying to say and this is what I found...
increase thy discomfort and thy size (i.e. in the condition and process of pregnancy).
I just started laughing because I felt like this scripture was talking specifically to me. Lately I have truly been discovering all about the increase in discomfort and size with being pregnant.
I can no longer wear my wedding ring because my fingers are too swollen.
(This is as far as it will go)

Most of my shoes won't fit anymore because again my feet are too swollen.
(Notice my toes barely poking out of the last strap)

My hair is falling out at a rapid pace; it's a good thing I have a lot to spare. My back hurts just from doing simple house chores. And last my belly is growing and making small tasks like bending down to get something out of the cupboard a lot harder.
(Me and my belly)

So the moral of the story is that you can really find answers to anything in the scriptures even if you don't know you are looking for them!!
3 comments:
You are looking sooooo cute! Just remember it's only for a season and you will miss his little kicks when he is out....
Andy and Susan!Matt and I have started a blog and were looking for some of our friends blogs and founds yours! Your blog is adorable and we are glad to here you are doing well.
susan
I loved your pictures and reference to the scriptures. I went to show it to grandma and now the pictures are gone. I can't figure out where they went. All the others are on your blog but not the ones of you and your pregnancy. see it you can get on your blog and blog to mine and you will see that your pictures are gone. Love mom
Post a Comment