Thursday, September 2, 2010

Final Days in TN

As most of you know we have made the move to New York!! But before I update on our move I want to quickly blog about our last few weeks in Knoxville and some of the fun things we did....

First off we got a new car!! We have now become a one car family which has been an adjustment but we love the one we have!!
(Hello new Car
(Black car behind us), Goodbye old Car (Blue car in front))

I had my last mutual activity with my Young Women -- I was SO sad to say good-bye! I loved serving in Young Womens and have sworn all the girls to keep me updated on their lives!
(Ellen, Sis Gilchrist (Me), Katie, Darby, Sis Tucker (Cardon))

We went out to lunch with our good friends the Tuckers! (And Stacey, Josh, and Holly I wish I would have had my camera with me when we went to lunch together and I would have posted a picture of us too!!) We miss all of our friends so much already!
(Matt, Mason, Cardon, Susan, Grayer, Andy)

Last, we had a mini "Christensen" family reunion with my brother, Rob from NC and my sister, Megan from IN! We all met in the middle, which fortunately for us is TN, and rented a cabin in the Smoky Mountains for a few days! We had lots of fun together, thanks guys for making the drive to be with us!
(It was my niece, Eva's 1st birthday, so my sister made a pinata that looked like Eva from the movie Wall-e)
(This was the only good picture I had of the pinata, we are trying to figure out how to hang it!)


(Eva with Eva pinata!)

(Grayer hitting the pinata)

(Going after the "Loot")

("Maddie Pinata")

(Hot tub time with the cousins, Grayer was the only boy cousin there!)

(Playing Air Hockey with Eloise)



(Siblings - Megan, Rob, Susan)

(Sarah Jane, Bea, Maggie)

(Megan and Flori)

(Cousins playing on the stairs)


2 years ago, when we made the move to Knoxville I thought our time there would not go fast enough! My Mom even recently reminded me that I would call her crying telling her I was never going to unpack. But now I'm truly wishing that our time there would have gone slower!! It took us a while but we learned to love TN along with the wonderful people there!
Thank you Knoxville for being such a wonderful home away from home!!!

3 comments:

Harper said...

We hope you had a good move to NY. I was just called as 2nd counselor in the Young Women's program, and it's a lot of fun so far. The girls are great!

Best of luck in everything! :)

Erin_C said...

We had identical experiences in TN, I think! Hope your move went well and you guys are settling into NY!

stacey said...

We miss you too. I am glad you finally made it there and hope you have found a walking buddy, people talk a lot when you walk, you get to know them faster.
Hey by the way did you make the shirt you were wearing when you bought the car and your last thing with the YW. If so I want the pattern. Love ya me