The Gateway Arch



I know this looks like a porta potty but it is actually the little "pod" we rode in to get to the top of the Arch! It was sort of like a gondola but really tiny, Andy had to hunch over so he didn't hit his head!! When they were building the Arch they couldn't use a traditional elevator to get to the top because it was on a curve, so they combine the technology of an elevator, a train, and an amusement park ride and came up with these "pods"!

Mommy and Grayer riding in the "pod"

Daddy and Grayer riding in the "pod"

The view from the top of the Arch



This is the Church that we went to. More pictures below!

The family at 630 feet in the air


This is a mural of the Arch. It's cool because it compares the height of the Arch, 630 feet, to other famous buildings and structures, so you can see how tall it really is! If you click on the picture you can see off to the left is the White House which is 70 feet. And off to the right is Old Faithful which erupts at 184 feet, and Mount Rushmore stands at about 500 feet.

This is the inside of the Church

It had the most beautiful ornate organ, this picture does it no justice!

Okay, I guess there were more than a few pictures -- sorry!!!
Oh and in case you were wondering Andrew's audition went really well!! We don't know yet if he will be hired, so we'll keep you posted!
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
6 comments:
Sue,
It sure looks like you had fun! Grayer is soo cute! I miss you!
so fun to keep up with you and your family! Great pictures too! I LOVE THE SKUNK costume! Oh my goodness! So great! So glad all is well!
monique
I can't believe how much Grayer has grown!!! Porter keeps talking about him coming for Christmas. We can't wait. Looks like you had a great trip! Hopefully good news came from the audition!
We can't wait to see you guys! You get here around the 13th, right? We won't leave until the 20th or 21st, so we'll definitely have to have a play date:) And Ross is doing The Crucible right now too! He's the Judge. He texted me a pic of his costume/makeup and he looks like Count Olaf from Lemony Snicket. It's pretty funny. And tell Andy that I'm glad he's a guy, cuz he'd make one UGLY woman! Love you guys! See you soon!
You're little guy has the most beautiful blue eyes! I hope you're all well!
How cool! I'm glad you could go and see a new place. Thanks for the updates and all the pictures. Andy sure pulls off that look pretty well! Wow! I'm sure you're glad to have had his hair cut and more time with him--once finals are over, right?!
Post a Comment