Thursday, January 14, 2010

THIS MONTH IS SUCH A SPECIAL ONE...

IT'S BIRTHDAY TIME FOR GRAYER!!!!
That's Right, our little Grayer is one year old!!! I can't believe one year has already passed since our little guy was born!! And let me tell you, it has been the best most rewarding year of our lives!! Grayer is our greatest joy and we thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending him to our home!!! Even though we are saddened to know that the "baby stage" is pretty much over, we love watching him grow and become his own little person!!!
Here are some pictures of Grayer's 1st birthday celebration...

Grayer's Birthday Door
: adorned with Yogos, Fruit Snacks, and Raisins!

Snatching more treats

Grayer's Dinosaur Birthday Cake that I made, I thought it turned out pretty good!!

I got him all stripped down and ready to get messy and just dig into his cake, but he wouldn't touch it! All he wanted to do was eat the frosting off the candle! I even tried to help him by putting his hands in the cake but he still wanted nothing to do with it!!

Opening Presents

The Wagon was too big to wrap!

Playing with new toys -- poppin' pals and musical maracas!!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! (I don't remember why he was crying)

But eating Raisins and Birthday Kisses from Daddy made it all better!

WE HAD A GREAT DAY WITH OUR
BIRTHDAY BOY!!!!

PRESENTING:
OUR 1 YEAR OLD!!!

10 comments:

Emily Jones said...

Wow! I can't believe your little guy is a year old. He is so cute. I'm so glad we got to meet him this Christmas. Happy Birthday Grayer!

Mosers said...

Happy birthday! He has more teeth than Peyton... we are getting there... just welcomed tooth # 6!! Miss you guys!

klchristensen said...

What a cute cake Sue! You are another Martha Stewart or even better another Amy Berry. Great jo with the door. I wondered if you might carry on the door decoration tradition. I guess everyone likes it because everyone of my children have done it for their kids birthdays. Love the pictures thanks for making us feel a part of his birthday. Love Mom

Purcellville said...

Oh my goodness Susan! What a cutie pie! Your cake was AMAZING! Great job! I can't believe my little guy will be 1 in 3 months. It does go by so fast so I am greatful I can stay home and watch every new stage! Continue to take care of yourself and your sweet family! ~Kara

stacey said...

I can't believe it has already been a year. Man, that went fast. Your cake looks awesome!

Karla said...

Susan, remember when you came to Megan's "Barbie Birthday party" and helped her extinguish the candles by spitting on them?? Great memories. I still laugh thinking about it!

Triest and Ross said...

Sue, I can't believe he's a year old! It's so weird to think that I held tiny little newborn Grayer last January, and Gabey was the size of a butter bean:) Where in the world did you learn to make such cool cakes? That dinosaur cake is awesome! I'll hire you to make Gabe's 1-year cake, okay? I can make really yummy bundt cakes, but that's about it. Anyway, Happy (belated) Birthday Grayer! We love you guys:)

Harper said...

Aw! Happy Birthday, Grayer! I can't believe you're already 1 year old! You sure are a handsome guy, and I love your spike! Miles hopes to have hair like yours one day soon. I love your pretty blue eyes, too!

And Susan, that dinosaur cake was AWESOME! I am seriously impressed! You created an awesome 1st birthday for your adorable son! :)

The Whitings said...

That cake is "be-darling!" And so is that Grayer! I love the sad picture. (And I promise I did look at your blog that same day we talked about your cake on the phone.) I just forgot you can do things like post comments:)

Melanie said...

It's amazing how fast one year goes, isn't it?!? This is Melanie, Andy's friend from college. Your little guy is so cute - Happy Birthday!