Monday, February 16, 2009

Andrew in TIGHTS!!!

Promptly after we returned to Tennessee from our visit to Idaho, Andrew has literally been running like a chicken with its head cut off between his classes and his rehearsals for opera. For the past month now Andrew has been rehearsing for two operas that he is in this semester, which has reluctantly brought him home each night at about 11:00pm.
He is now relieved to say that at least one opera is over with. This past weekend was the performance of Rigoletto, in which he played the part of Ceprano - (said like Soprano but the C makes a CH sound). I was not able to go to an actual performance because of Grayer but I did make it to the dress rehearsal and it was fantastic!!! Grayer even liked it, he slept right through it except for when the orchestra suddenly got loud and startled him awake! - oh well I guess he better get used to it now.
I love watching Andrew perform, especially when he has to wear tights!! Royal blue ones to be exact :) But in all seriousness he really did an amazing job he even got mentioned in the review stating that, " he more than held his own". Did I mention that this is the Knoxville Opera Company we are talking about? So it is a professional company and he was mentioned, by name, in the review - amazing right? I think so. He is definitely very talented!! Well I thought you all might enjoy a few pictures of him in his costume!! (The other two guys in the pictures are his friends - Evan is on the left and Stefan is in the middle.)

3 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Great job Andrew!!!!!

Megan, Maggie, Eva and Justin said...

Can I borrow that outfit for Halloween?

Harper said...

Congrats, Andy! You are one talented singer, so we're not surprised that you "held [your] own."

Congrats again! :)